Back to School


Can you believe that it is already August, that for millions of teachers and students school is just around the corner and soon we will be basking in the luxury of fall temperatures? I confess that after our high today fall temperatures would indeed be a luxury! In honor of the approaching school year my dear design team sister Lori selected this week’s challenge cut. Lori gave us a wide range of choices by selecting any of the school cuts on the Locker Talk cartridge. I do not own Locker Talk, but I found some cute crayons on My Community and this great Back to School phrase on Celebrate with Flourish.



Using Cricut Design Studio and the My Community cartridge, I created a custom card design.  I welded the shadow cut of the three crayons to a square, adding two long thin rectangles across the crayons to hold them together.  As you can see after the words were added the rectangular bars a nearly invisible.

I had fun with my crayon colors, choosing bold prints as my crayons and crayon labels.  I then chose lime green for the contrast color.  
  


The Back to School phrase was cut in four pieces - the shadow in yellow, the icon cut in a white grounded multi print, a blue stripe and a darker blue solid.  In the end, I thought that the white background multi print was too light, so I colored over most of the white letters with a lime green Copic marker. 



I used pop dots to affix the words to the front of the crayons.  The dimension added by the pop dots allow for the letter to have a bit of a visual pop from the card.


While you are out and about on the Internet today be sure to drop by Bitten by the Bug 2 and check out the design team's fabulous back to school projects! The BBTB2 site will be up at 11 am eastern time. I like to post a bit earlier so as to not miss my early readers.

I will be back with a couple of fun projects to share this week – including a unique birthday card for my future daughter-in-law.