Belated Happy Birthday Wishes to MFK


I am not the best BFF! Truly ... My BFF, MFK (My Friend Kathy) celebrated the anniversary of her 39th birthday earlier this week and I am *just now* posting her birthday card.  That is because I have yet to deliver said card to MFK!  I know, I am a bad BFF!!

Actually Kathy will receive her card today - we are off to Charlotte, North Carolina for the Creating Keepsakes Convention and I will present her card when I pick her up.  We are sooo happy that hurricane Irene has a more easterly path now; earlier in the week she was aiming for the Carolina's and we were a bit nervous about our weekend.  But now our weekend is back to looking great. 

I am signed up for seven classes, four on Friday and three on Saturday.  I have never taken this many classes in one weekend before, but I am quite excited. I will share the details when I am home again on Sunday.


Okay, back to MFK's birthday card.  Kathy is an awesome papercrafter so I tend to stress over project I create for her.  This birthday card was no exception.  I decided to use a cartridge that Kathy does not have yet, Art Philosophy (can you tell that I am truly enjoying this cartridge?). 

I cut the base scalloped card in white cardstock.  The other papers I used are from Echo Park's Victorian line.   I used the words paper as a background for the front of the card.  I topped the words with a pretty green scalloped circle frame.  I used lime green chalk on the edges of the frame and pop dots to attached it to the card.


I love Art Philosophy's filigree detailed butterflies. I cut two of the butterflies using a solid cardstock for the bottom layer and a coordinating print for the filigree layer. I finished the butterflies by adding a gem to the body centers.


I added a ribbon and the same gems used on the butterflies to the front of the card.  I also stamped the phrase, Happy Birthday to the front before adding the welded initials MFK. 


Inside the card I stamped Happy Birthday again in the same lime green.  I also added a vellum butterfly, colored with a copic marker.  I added a little stamp to the outside of the envelope, but sadly I forgot to photograph the envie!


I promise to have a new post for you on Sunday giving you all of the details on the CKC convention and all of the new and fun products we find in the vendor faire!!