Blueberry Pie Recipe Card with BBTB2


It's a Bitten By the Bug 2 Monday here at Busy with the Cricky.  This week we are making pies!!!  My sweet design team sister Krista Norman chose this week's challenge cut, the pie from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. 


What Krista could not know is that I will take pie any day over cake.  Don't get me wrong, I like cake, but pie is really my thing!!  I love the fattening flaky pie crust and the yummy fillings.  When I was at the lake last month  MFK, my friend Kathy, brought a gallon of blueberries from her yard for us to enjoy.  We had blueberries in yogurt, blueberries in cereal, blueberries in salad, Kathy's blueberry crisp, and finally, blueberry pie.  We found the recipe below on the Internet, but let me tell you, it is a keeper!!!  I have made it for Doug and I since returning home.


I decided to use the pie off of the Thanksgiving cartridge, but I hand trimmed the swirls of "steam" off of the pies.  I welded two pie cuts top to top so that they would open like a card.  I then cut the entire pie one more time in green gingham.  I cut just the pie top in a blue floral print and topped it with a lattice cute.  I used the lattice tag on French Manor to cut the pie lattice.


I used both Cindy Loo and Martha Steward Seasonal Art Cake cartridges for the fonts. I love these two font, Cindy Loo is so sweet and whimsical, while the MS Seasonal font is so versatile. 


Inside the card I printed the pie recipe into two rectangular text boxes, measured to fit the inside of the card.  I am not sure if I have shared this recipe previously, but you can copy it from the text below.


Blueberry Pie
Ingredients

• 3/4 cup white sugar

• 3 tablespoons cornstarch

• 1/4 teaspoon salt

• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

• 4 cups fresh blueberries

• 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie

• 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.

3. Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.

4. Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.



I finished the card by adding a stamped expression to the front of the card.  The stamp is part of the all around sentiments set by Joy at Joy's Life.  I adore Joy's stamps and this all around set is awesome.  I used a round paper punch and a scalloped paper punch to create the stamped tag.

 
Be sure to stop by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the design team members awesome pie projects.  Also, consider playing along and posting your project in the Mr. Linky spot at BBTB2.  Each week there is a play along winner who receives a special blog blinkie!.