Sweet Basil's Cafe: Lifestyle Leak



There is nothing I enjoy more than a nice weekend brunch and usually I travel into NYC for it. I'm on a mini-mission to find amazing places right in New Jersey and this past weekend I scored big! I visited the re-opening of Sweet Basil's Cafe in West Orange for brunch and it was great. Luckily, my party of four just managed to beat the rush. We were immediately greeted and seated.

The first thing we noticed about the menu was that it was lacking waffles, which was a bit of a disappointment until the pancakes and french toast arrived. With pancakes and french toast like Sweet Basil's you don't need any waffles! The french toast is flavored with Madagascar vanilla and a very tiny hint of orange zest, now my boyfriend usually doesn't go for Challah bread but he loved every morsel of this french toast. It was perfectly cooked and delicious.


I ordered the eggs benedict but next time I will have to get the Poached Pear Vanilla Bean French Toast, doesn't that sound amazing!?! Plus, the smoothies are made from fresh fruit and I don't think they have added sugar which is healthy and yummy!


Try for yourself:
641 Eagle Rock Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
973.325.3340