You Make My Heart Sing


Wild thing!  You make my heart sing....   I have been reliving the music of my youth as I have played with the Quarter Note cartridge.  This weekend I crafted this fun card using the drum set from QN and the Kidnapped font on my computer. 


The drum set was cut in three layers.  The shadow layer was cut in smooth black cardstock.  The middle layer, with the silver swirls, was cut in silver metallic cardstock.  The top layer was cut in teal blue metallic cardstock.  I glued the layers together and added doodle dots and gem stones to the drum set. 



The base card was cut with Just Because Cards.  I really like all of the sizes and shapes of cards available on this cartridge.  I used my paper trimmer to cut the additional layers on the card front.  I printed the phrase "You make my heart sing.... Thump thump" onto white cardstock and out the individual words and glued them tothe striped cardstock on the front of the card.  I finished the front of the card with black and silver flowers and black and grey demask ribbon.


Inside the card I added a double layer rectangle on which to stamp a sentiment and write a personalized message.  I also welded and cut two music notes.  The music notes were cut in two layers to help them visually pop.

 

Please remember that I am offering fabulous blog candy this week - a $20 gift voucher from CUSTOM CROPS!  Become a follower and leave a comment under MONDAY'S post to be registered for the prize.  The winner will be announced in THURSDAY'S blog post.