Damask Floral with Damask Decor Cartridge


It is Thursday and I have a blog candy winner!  The lucky winner of a Custom Crops $20 gift voucher is:

meredemaison (who) said...

Great card and I think that the paper is the best ever! I also am a huge Custom Crops fan, so the candy would be fantastic!  TFS!

Meredemaison, if you could please email me your name, address, and phone number I will arrange for the Custom Crops gift voucher!  Congratulations!!


Last week Cricut updated the Design Studio software fonts and I was finally able to cut with Damask Decor using CDS!!!  Yes, I was doing happy dances!  Though, hold on to your socks!  I have also been using Cricut Craft Room more frequently.  And yesterday I received an email saying that CCR was moving on past the Beta phase.  I need to update my Imagine and my Expression 2 and try cutting with my new machines.  I have a cut file all set to go for the Imagine using Lori's Garden so this is GREAT NEWS!

Anyway, I digress.  Following the CDS update I decided to play with Damask Decor a bit.  I decided to make a card from the cartridge and top the card with cuts from the cartridge.  I loved the shape of this "half tag" card (my name, not Cricut's) because it gave me the opportunity to use the tag shaped floral cut.  I added the icon layer over the tag, along with additional layers. 


I used the Hide Select Contour feature in CDS and created a matching bottom layer tag in rust.  I could have found the tag on another cartridge, but this way the tags matched exactly. 

I recently ran upon a HUGE Prima sale -- 40% off all Prima.  I dug through my newly replenished stash and found brown Prima pearls that match correctly. I used a craft knife and cut the pearls apart into usable strips. 

I finished the card with a length of ribbon and cream and brown Prima flowers.  The little brown roses were also from the sheet of Primas. 


Thank you for stopping by today.  I am hoping to get in some crafting time today but I will starting preparations for an event I am hosting on Saturday.  I am having some girlfriends over for a Girlie Luncheon and a small book make and take.  I have to prep my make and takes.  I will keep you posted on how the event progresses!