Happy Birthday Peggy!


Today is my friend Peggy's birthday so I thought I would share her card with all of you!  I used Art Philosophy and my E2 to create Peggy's birthday card.

I cut this wonderful shaped card using Echo Park's Victorian line of cardstock.  The base card, the yellow print top layer and the pink-punch print frame were all cut at 5.5 inches. I also cut an additional frame, as there are two frames that coordinate with this shaped card(!), again at 5.5 inches, for the inside of the card.



I chose the cupcake cuts from the cartridge and cut them at 2.5 inches to match the stamps.  I used a medium brown ink to stamp the cupcake details.

Have I mentioned that the stamps have the cut sizes written on the acetate cover?  It's awesome.  No guessing.  When you choose to use one of the stamps that comes with the Art Philosophy cartridge, you just have to look at the stamp package to determine the correct cut size for your cricut cut!!


Next I used a piece of the coordinating chipboard, covered in the yellow print, framed in a coordinating solid.  I used the Happy Birthday stamp, again from the CTMH set, to add my front and inside sentiments. I used  a hole punch to punch holes in the chipboard and then I ran ribbon through the holes and affixed the tag to the card.


Above is a view of the inside of the card. 

I finished the card by ACTUALLY sewing around the edges of the circle frame.  I used a combination of zigzag and straight stitches.  I added a few additional pen doodles and finally using small glue dots, I attached assorted pink buttons to the cupcake frosting!


Happy birthday, Peggy!  I hope your day is super special as you are super special to me!

If you would like more information on the Art Philosophy Cartridge, stamps and chipboard set, visit Melanie Brown's Close to my Heart Consultant page.