MFK's Anniversary Card



Last week My Friend Kathy - the infamous MFK - celebrated a huge milestone.  She and Mr. MFK celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary!!  For real!  40 years!  MFK and Mr. MFK met while still in high school so in addition to forty years of wedded bliss, they have actually known each other for 45 or so years.  Gotta love a couple who still enjoy one another's company after all of those years.



We, the scrapping girl friends, ignored her actual anniversary - that was for her family and she and Mr. MFK.    We did however, plan a great get together last Saturday night. One of MFK's favorite entertainers is Nick Trivelas Greek Band.  And as luck would have it, Nick was appearing in a nearby city at our favorite Greek restaurant last Saturday night.  So yes, a Greek festival of food, music and dance commenced!!!  While none of us is actually of Greek linage (except of coure the Trivelas'), we all want to be adopted by the Trivelas family.  Greeks know how to have fun.



Now on to the card.  MFK's card was created using ONLY the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I chose a light pink, black and grey color palette because, once upon a time, MFK was married in a light pink dress!!  I cut the scalloped half circle card on the AP cartridge in white cardstock.  I then cut the scalloped half circle topper in pink and gray cardstock, which I printed myself using Theresa Collins Baby Boutique cartridge and my Cricut Imagine.  I inked the edges of the pink and gray half circle before affixing it to the front of the card.



I used some scraps of additional Theresa Collins papers and cut the pennant shapes.  I used the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the number 40.  The font is adorable and I am plan to use it - A LOT!  I stamped the pennant scroll stamp (from the CTMH Art Philosophy set) onto the pennants and affixed them to the pennant chipboards.  After inking the edges with black ink, I used a blush colored Copic marker to highlight the outside areas of the scroll design.  Finally the word CELEBRATE (again from the CTMH set) was stamped on one pennet and the 40 were added to the other pennant.


Inside the card I used another of the CTMH stamps, the scrolling heart, and added a heart next to the Happy Anniversary (from my stamp stash) sentiment.  I added two of the hearts to the front of the card in charcoal gray ink.  Using the same blush color Copic, I colored the loops in the hearts with the marker.



I wanted MFK to know that I really love her so I added a special touch (HA), and pulled out my trusty Bernina and actually stitched across the top of the card.  I almost never pull out my sewing machine unless I have some mending, so MFK will know to be impressed by this "special" effort.  LOL.  I finished the card with a double ribbon bow, black doodle dots, and a blinged button.

I know the card is rather simple, but my feeling for MFK and Mr. MFK are not so taken lightly.  At our house, we love the MFK family!!