My First Art Philosophy Project


I just couldn't stand it, I HAD to play with my Art Philosophy cartridge and Close to my Heart stamps yesterday!!!  I had actually put together a schedule for the week.  The schedule included two lists - one of tasks to accomplish in my house and the other a list of scrappy projects for the week.  According to the infamous list, I messed up yesterday.  According to my degree of happiness I think I did the right thing!!!  My bathrooms WILL be cleaned today!  And I will finish cleaning the scrap room, only because I messed it up (again) after I spent 5.5 hours there yesterday!!


Do I even need to tell you that I used only one cartridge to create this card???  And only one set of stamps???  I cut the card shape on page 45 of the manual, cutting at 6.5 inches.  Next I cut as a background in black and then a bit smaller in blue and berry print. I then cut the decorative frame layer on the reverse side of the paper, a dark red. 



I cut three flowers () from page 39 of the manual.  I cut the flowers in white lightly textured card stock and stamped them with the coordinating Close to my Heart flower stamp.  I used a Blush color Copic around the edges of the flowers and in the centers.  I left the decorative details on the flowers white. 


I attached the flowers with pop dots and trimmed them out with sticky pearls.  I added two thin strips of ribbon as an additional border.  I finished the card by stamping the sentiment "A Wonderful Season of.... Joy, Hope, Love".   Both of the stamps I used on this card are included with the Art Philosophy package from Close to my Heart. 


If you would like to know more about the CTMH Art Philosophy set, visit Melanie's CTMH site.  Also, Melanie is doing a week of Art Philosophy projects at her blog, Courtney Lane Designs

I will be back tomorrow, hopefully with clean bathrooms, with a fun project from Tie the Knot.