Welcome Rookie Baby Boy Card


Hello everyone.  It's another Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday.  My talented design team sister Karen selected this week's challenge cut - the BASEBALL from LIFE'S A PARTY cartridge.   I used four cartridges to complete my project for this week's challenge:  Life's a Party, Baseball, Kate's ABCs, and Art Philosophy.  Additionally, I also used one Cricut Imagine Cartridge to print the fabulous coordinating cardstock for my card - Theresa Collins Baby Boutique. 

After designing my card in Cricut Design Studio I printed three 8 x 8 inch squares of cardstock with Baby Boutique, the Baby Boy Words print, the light blue with grey damask print, and a coordinating solid blue.   With additional white, black and brown cardstock scraps, I was ready to begin my card.



The base card was created by welding two baseballs together in Design Studio.  I also welded the shadow cuts for the baseball bat and the word Rookie to the top layer baseball.  I cut the base card in white American Crafts lightly textured cardstock. 

Next I cut the elements for the card front in layers, back to front.  The baseball bat was cut in a solid brown cardstock and a brown print paper.  The baseball bat cuts were adhered to the base card and the large black baseball was glued over top.  Next the baseball top layer, cut in Theresa Collins baby boy words, was added over the black baseball.



The word Rookie was cut from the Baseball cartridge in two  additional layers - a polka dot shadow and a light blue top layer.  I added black doodle dashes to the edges of Rookie.

The "Congratulations" tag was cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I wanted to use one of the new Close to my Heart Art Philosophy stamps - "Congratulations on your ...".  After referencing the cut size listed beside the stamp on the acetate packaging, I cut the Theresa Collins blue and grey print top layer at 2 inches.  I then cut a light blue layer at 2.25 inches and a black layer at 2.5 inches.  I stamped the top layer and then attached all of the layers together.  I add the word "boy" to the bottom of the tag.



I used the negative cut from the baby boy words baseball (from the card front) and glued it to the inside of the card.  I welded the phrase "Welcome baby boy" using Kate's ABC's and using a xyron, attached the phrase inside the card.

I finished the card with a light blue polka dot ribbon bow around the bat.  An especially cute baby card for the baseball fan new parent!



I will be back tomorrow with another new project to share.  In the meantime, remember to drop by BBTB2 and check out the amazing baseball projects the design team is sharing.  Remember that it is also fun to play along on our weekly challenges!

If you would like more information on the Art Philosophy cartridge, stamps, and chipboard set, you can visit Melanie's Close to my Heart consultant site.   I love the versatility of this great set!