Christmas With The Cricut Simple Card Monday - Guest Designer


Happy Simple Card Monday at Christmas With the Cricut!  I am so excited to be sharing the Guest Designer Spots this week with Jeannie Phillips.  Jeannie is an amazing artist and paper crafter - I am in awe of her work.  Jeannie and I will be using two Cricut cartridges this week to create all of our projects:  Winter Woodlands and From My Kitchen.

For Simple Card Monday I went simple!  I used Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses printed cardstock, Core'dination White Washed Cardstock, silver metallic cardstock, swiss dot Bazzill cardstock, Bazzill buttons, pink ribbon, and pop dots to create my card.


I cut an A2 base card in pink Bazzill, and then added a rectangle of Eskimo Kisses to the front.  I then cut one of the amazing tags on Winter Woodlands in Swiss Dot Bazzill and used it as a mat.  I cut my words and the word shadows in Core'dinations White Washed cardstock and sanded the Winter Fun phrase to make it POP visually.  I also used pop dots under the word shadow and the between the whisk and its shadow.



I added a second ribbon around the Eskimo Kisses layer and tied through a button.  I finished th card off with doodling in white and navy.  


Inside the card I left room to add an invitation for girlfriends to come over for a cookie baking day!


If you have not already done so, be sure to visit Jeannie's blog, A Place for my Cards and check out her Simple Card Monday project.  Be prepared to OOOH and AAHHH a lot - I always do when looking at Jeannie's work!!!