CWTC Layout Thursday - Guest Designer


Happy Layout Thursday at CWTC!   There is a bit of a story behind my Christmas Cookies layout.  A couple of Christmas's ago my older son helped my mom and I frost cut out snowman and Christmas tree cookies. The cookies that were created were some of the funniest, most imaginative, unothodox Christmas cookies in the history of cut out cookies... And it became an annual event!!!  Now there is a bit of an underlying contest as to who can create the best crazy cookie!


So yes, using Winter Woodlands and From My Kitchen was a perfect fit for my Christmas cookie layout.  I love all of the cuts on From My Kitchen and look how great the recipe cards work as photo mats, and how the mixer just fits right into the layout... and those oval label words!!!  Okay, I will calm down - but I do like this cartridge.  And not to be out done, Winter Woodlands has those great layered snowflakes that with a bit of Stickles became cut out cookie frosting!  I used scalloped squares and circles for the cookie layer. 



In my over the top enthusiasm I failed to mention that I used an assortment of printed cardstock, Bazzill cardstock, Silver metallic paper, and assorted ribbons.  One creative adjustment you may want to note is the word phrase from Winter Woodlands.  I changed the phrase and actually combined two different phrases together.  The two phrases on the cartridge are "the magic of WINTER" and "Family FUN".  I welded the two shadow pieces together and removed the word WINTER from the cut, creating "the magic of FAMILY fun."


In my usual  "too much pen" style, I finished the layout with lots and lots of white pen doodles.  I really like drawing on my layouts.  I feel it adds a personal touch and provides a finished look to the layout.  I cannot wait for crazy cookie night this year not only to see what is created, but also to add photos to this layout.

If you have not already done so, be sure to head over to Jeannie Phillip's blog, A Place For My Cards, and check out her amazing layout.  I do so wish Jeannie lived close enough to be in my regular scrapbook girlfriends group!!!