CWTC Fancy Card Friday - Guest Designer


It is Fancy Card Friday at Christmas With The Cricut!  I have to admit that I am not a fancy card maker... my cards are normally more in-line with Simple Card Monday.  But here goes:  today's card features multiple layers and multiple embossing techniques while showcasing cricut stamping and this week's two featured cartridges at CWTC, Winter Woodlands and From My Kitchen.



The A2 base card was cut in white cardstock with a light pink snowflake print cardstock topper.  An A2 frame was dry embossed with the Wizard and a Cuttlebug folder and then was attached to the card with pop dots.

The print layer cup shadow was attached to the light pink snowflake topper and layered with two additional light pink cardstock layers.  I hand trimmed the steam off of the top layer cup and then stamped the cup with a cricut cut stamp using Cricut's starter stamping kit.  A hint for using the cricut stamps - use a new mat on which to cut the stamp material.  Also, a simple design will cut better, hence my use of the holly cut.  I used Stampin' Up ink and hand edged the stamped images with Copic Markers.  I then applied Glossy Accents to the top layer of the cut to create a glass/china look.


The two pink snowflakes were cut at 2.25 inches in Core'dination cardstock.  I lightly sanded the cardstock and heat embossed.  First I applied embossing ink to the top of the snowflakes and added holographic embossing powder.  I then used the "melt and move" technique with the embossing gun to heat embossed the snowflakes.  I used pop dots to apply the snowflakes to the card.



The final cricut cut element was the round message tag.  I used red and pink cardstock to cut the scalloped circle and plain circle as well as the Warm Winter Wishes sentiment.  The cuts were assembled in layers and topped with white gel pen and Stickles.  I appled red Stickles to the words and icicle Stickles to the tag edges.  I also applied icicle Stickles to the steam coming from the cup.

If you have not already done so, be sure to head over to Jeannie Phillip's blog, A Place For My Cards, and check out her amazing Fancy Friday Card. Jeannie makes THE MOST beautiful cards so be prepared to be totally awed!!! 

The cut file for this card has been added to the Downloadable Cut Files list on the left of the blog under the title "Warm Winter Wishes - Fancy Card Friday".  Enjoy!