CWTC Home Decor Tuesday - Guest Designer Spot



Happy Home Decor Tuesday!  Over at the Christmas With The Cricut the ladies are celebrating Home Deco Tuesday so I made this adorable recipe box complete with section dividers and matching recipe cards.


The box is made by Bare Elements and is actually a chest.  Bare Elements does produce a rectangular recipe box but is lacks the cute curved top of the treasure chest.  To get started on the recipe box, I painted all of the edges with red ink.  I wanted any "white" that might peek through to be red to match the trim.  I then used Inaginisece Polar Bear Expressions cardstock to cover the chest (with careful measuring and placement it took a little less than two 12 x 12 inch sheets).


I used a combination of Core'dination cardstock, Bazzill cardstock, and additional Inaginisece Polar Bear Expressions cardstock to cut the mittens, shadows, and Recipe label and shadow.  I chose the mitten cut from Winter Woodlands to embellish the top of the box because of the mitten sets in the background of the polar bear paper.

The band around the edge of the lid was created using a snowflake from Winter Woodland welded together over and over to create a decorative band.  I will admit that I worried if the flakes would cut cleanly since they were so timy.  But never fear, they came out perfect.  Oh my Cricut makes me so happy sometimes!!!


I used From My Kitchen to create labels and food images as well as the basic cards for my section dividers.  I used more of the lovely tags from Winter Woodlands as backgrounds for the food cuts, which were, of course, cut with the FMY cartridge.


And finally a rear view!  Oh to look that good from the rear!!! LOL.



If you have not already done so, be sure to visit Jeannie's blog, A Place for my Cards and check out her Home Decor Tuesday project.  She is sure to knock your socks off so you'd better be sitting down!!!