Christmas in .... August???


Happy Bitten by the Bug Christmas in July... Errr, make that August! The BBTB challenge cut of the week is image 13, the snowflake, from Accent Essentials. I really like this cut and have used it on a number of scrap layouts.


I used an acetate overlay cut with the snowflake card from A Child's Year cartridge. (Important side note - this cartridge is AWESOME! I love, love, love the variety of cute cuts available - the silhouettes, the tags, the fabulous cards!!)


I cut the snowflake shadow feature in silver paper and the top layer in white cardstock. I used the fiskars border punch to cut small flakes in white and silver for the background card layer. I also cut the two snowflakes that were cut out of the acetate layer in silver paper and glued them directly under the cutout spots. I finished off the front of the card with a Stampin' Up stamp, "Season's Greetings". Stamped inside is a lovely peaceful Christmas verse.


The card is finished off with a white and light blue bow, sporting a crystallized snowflake. I cut two slits in the front two layers of the card and slipped the blue ribbon through from the back. I used the blue ribbon to the tie the white bow in place. I used a strong adhesive and attached the crystallized snowflake to the bow.