Around Town - Slumming It At The SLS

After hearing for months about the SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills
I finally got around to seeing what all the buzz is about
It was indeed way hip
and the public/private division gave it that one extra level of exclusivity
The decor was exceptional with calculated coolness by designer Philippe Starck
I had dinner in one of the private dinning rooms
which was just a little too starkly Starck for my taste
Fortunately, it was vastly improved by the color, the candlelight and the company
The food at Tres which I had heard so much about was what I would have expected,
good but not exceptional
Next time, I would like to try the main restaurant Bazaar
Or, instead of waiting in a long line for my car with the usual actors and other industry types, get to the SLS early in the evening and have dinner at Altitude on rooftop pool deck and enjoy the view.
If you haven't already tried the SLS I recommend that you do, if only just to have a drink and to bask in the vibe.