Savvy Shopping - Gearing Up For The Gala

One of the most beautiful events that I attend every spring is the Patron Gala for the Friends of Virginia Robinson Gardens. Every year this organization honors a special person who has had a history of contributions to the community. This year is particularly special because they are honoring the Michael Kazanjian and his family's philanthropic organization, the Kazanjian Foundation and the Jewels for Charity program.
So now the party isn't going to be until the first week of May, I don't want to wait until two days before and make a rushed decision and end up spending too much. Like I wrote about earlier this week, I hate making shopping decisions with a time constraint. So if I start thinking about it now, I have a month or so to find the right thing.
I'd love an Andrew Gn or a Jenny Packham gown but I'd also like to just order something less expensive over the internet and be done with it
like this gown from Bergdorf Goodman
Diane Von Furstenberg gown at Bergdorf Goodman $825

the price is right, the color is gorgeous and it has such pretty detail on the back
I love this color. DVF calls it Indian Jade but since I've never seen actual jade in that color it looks more like teal to me
or better yet the color one of my favorite gemstones
Mozambique or Paraiba tourmaline
here is a Mozambique tourmaline, I love that teal blue hue
and here is a mother of all tourmalines, the Paraiba tourmaline with that magnificent electric blue color.
These stones are so rare and expensive in large sizes that it's difficult to find jewelry made with them...but if I could get my hands on a suite or a demi-parure in Mozambique or Paraiba, or even just one statement ring I would definitely buy the DVF dress.


Another option, sans tourmalines, would be a few Art Deco diamond bracelets and these earrings, which just scream Spring to me.
Well that's one option and luckily, I have plenty of time to consider other outfits.