BBTB2 Banner & Blog Hop


Hello everyone, welcome to the monthly Bitten By the Bug 2 blog hop. You may have arrived here from our sweet Carole's blog, or you may have just dropped in to check out my monthly project. If you did not start at the beginning after you finish here you may want to go to BBTB2 and check out the fabulous banners made by my fantastic design team sisters!

This week's challenge cut was selected by our design team sister, the lovely Beth (Runs with Scraps). Beth asked the design team to use any of the banners on the banner feature from the Country Life cartridge. I do not have this particular cartridge but there are other several other banners on several other cartridges. I used two different banners from two different cartridges to create my HAPPY FALL banner.


The scalloped base banner was cut using Tie the Knot. The floral print banner with the rectangular topper is from Straight from the Nest. I added an additional triangle from George and Basic Shapes to create more interest. The maple leaf flourish decoration across the top of each section is from the seasonal Thanksgiving cartridge, as are the images on the first, last, and middle banners. I used the cornucopia, the turkey, and the corn for the image banners. I finished each section of the banner with the I-Rock and assorted gems.


Orange sheer ribbon was laced through the holes on each section of the banner. I then tied the ends of the ribbon to the iron sconces on my mantel. The orange was a perfect color in that it blends well with the cardstock colors and the leave garland on the mantel. I love decorating for fall and this fun banner added to the overall effect.


So did I mention a blog hop??? Did I tell you that with the blog hop comes BLOG CANDY? What? I forgot to mention that??? I have great blog candy for one lucky reader!!! I am giving away a $25 gift voucher from CUSTOM CROPS so one lucky person will get to do a bit of FREE shopping!!! All you have to do is leave a comment under this post. A random winner will be selected on Thursday of this week.

After you post your comment you will be continuing along on the blog hop. Your next stop is at our amazing Donna's fabulous blog. I cannot wait to see her awesome project; she inspires me every single week!!!

Thanks for coming by today. I will be back tomorrow with another new project.