What do you Mean I am Creepy?


My friend Donna is an enabler!  She introduces me to all sorts of fabulous paper crafting products and I end up loving each and every one.  Donna's latest enable are these fabby Simply Betty Stamps!  I discovered a sale at SBS and purchased four or five of the digital stamps.  This card features stamps from two different catagories, but I like them together.  This is Spiderella and James!  (Doesn't James look like a snoot next to our flirty little Spiderella)?

Before I get too wrapped up into today's project I need to interrupt myself for a moment!  I have been aware over the last week or so that my number of followers was near a new milestone.  But yesterday, Monday, the coveted 1000th follower clicked to follow my blog!!!  Thank you Stacy Armer for being my 1000th follower (you will be receiving a cute set of printable stamps from The Cutting Cafe).  AND - a BIG thank you to the other 999 of you for helping me reach this milestone. 


So now back to the card.  In the photo above I would like to introduce you to Spiderella.  She is a sassy little Halloween elf with a hefty does of flirtatiousness and personality!  She was colored with Copic markers, which were great for bringing out the green highlights in her complexion as well as defining her girly curves.


And this dear fellow is James.  James is a nearly perfect Victorian gentleman with his green locks and snooty stature.  What James was doing in this grave yard we will never know. But we do know that he is playing hard to get with our little Spiderella. 

The digital stamps were cut out and matted on to labels printed and cut with the Cricut Imagine.  I am really starting to love my Imagine... So many options; so many fun features!!  I affixed the matting layers to a black 5.5 x 5.5 black card.


Spiderella seems not to understand why James would have a less than stellar opinion of her asking, "What do you mean I am creepy?"   The sentiment was printed on white card stock them punched with a 2 inch scalloped punch.  The back layer was punched in dark, dark gray cardstock with a 2.25 inch scalloped punch.  The flower in the center of the sentiment was hand trimmed and stamped with a swirl stamp prior to being finished with a dark gray button.


This card and its unfolding story was so fun to make that I decided to dress up the inside also.  I added a white inset card and a strip of Halloween paper across the top of the card.  A black tag embellished with another button centered stamped flower was added.  I finished the card with a Happy Halloween sentiment stamp and a cute spider in the signature area.

Thank you for dropping by today and I will be back with quick project tomorrow.  While you are blogging, how about going by Regina's Cutting Cafe and checking out her printable stamps??