E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush



Name: Studio Complexion Brush
Brand: E.L.F. Studio Line
Price: $3.00


From E.L.F.’s website:
-Creates an even and natural finish
-Expertly sweeps all types of powders across the entire face and sculpts features beautifully
-Use with pressed, loose, or translucent powders, blush or bronzer

What I liked:
- very soft
- applies powder sheerly
- doesn’t shed
- doesn’t bleed
- the price

What I didn’t like:
- too large for contouring

I was looking for a blush brush and when the ELF Studio Line was released here I decided to get the Complexion brush after hearing so many people rave about it.

The $3.00 dome shaped brush is black, has synthetic bristles, and looks very sleek and professional. But when I first saw it I was a bit disappointed as the bristles looked a bit too flimsy for me (I usually prefer something more dense).

But that turned out to be a good thing as the fluffy bristles don’t pick up too much product so even the most pigmented blushes apply sheerly and give just a soft pop of color, which is perfectt for pale-skinned girls like me. And if you want, you can also build-up the intensity of the color.

I also used the brush to contour and it did a decent job. But I still prefer to use my Sephora Professionel Angled Brush Blush #40 for that as I feel the ELF brush is a bit too wide to contour properly.



But overall, the brush is perfect to apply any type of powder, either dry or wet, to you face and the bristles are insanely soft! This is definitely one of the softest brushes I have ever used.

Also, the brush doesn’t shed nor bleed and reshapes well after washing. It has a strong chemical scent, but that disappears as soon as you wash it.

Summary
Overall, I love this brush. The bristles are very soft and pick up just the right amount of product to give your cheeks a nice and sheer pop of color. It doesn’t shed nor bleed and it is very inexpensive. However, the brush is too big for contouring.

Rating: 4/5