E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15

e.l.f. Essentials Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15

Name: Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15
Brand: E.L.F.
Size: 10g
Price: $1.00


From E.L.F.’s website:
This Super Glossy SPF 15 formula fights environmental damage while leaving your lips with a healthy glossy glow. The delicious flavor and sweet scent will leave you licking your lips in delight! The perfect on the go tube that is mess proof for anywhere and anytime!

What I liked:
- the shine
- has SPF
- the coverage
- the price

What I didn’t like:
- not long-lasting
- the fragrance
- the packaging

E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15> is available in 8 shades. I purchased Pink Kiss, which is a light pink color and is so shiny! The gloss is a bit thick, a little gloppy but not sticky and the coverage is good.

It comes in a squeeze tube with a slant applicator. I’m not really a fan of this kind of applicators. I prefer to apply a bit of lip gloss on my lips and blend with my lip brush to get the best result.

The staying power is ok, it’s the same as that of most lip glosses. It lasts a few hours but needs to be reapplied during the day.

The lip gloss doesn’t taste bad and it has a grape-vanilla scent which is quite strong, but also nice if you like fragrances in cosmetics, unlike me.

The thing that I like the most of this lip gloss is that it has SPF. Many lip products claim to have sunscreen but they either use little effective ingredients or they use the effective ones in very little concentrations. Instead, this product uses very effective SPF ingredients. One of the active ingredients is Titanium Dioxide, which is one of the best sunscreen ingredients as it protects from both UVA and UVB rays. The other active ingredients are Benzophnone 4 and Octyl Methoxycinnamate, both used as sunscreen ingredients as well, although they’re not as effective as Titanium Dioxide. So, you’re actually protecting your lips while looking beautiful. I think these are great especially in these hot summer months and I’ll definitely buy these in different shades as they are really cheap but offer great sun protection.

Summary:
I love this product. I don’t really mind the lipgloss is not long-lasting because it has effective SPF ingredients. It is very shiny, non-sticky, the colors are beautiful and they’re so inexpensive!

Rating: 4/5