Hair Thoughts

As we go into the New Year, I always start to think about years past and ways I can improve going forward.  This year I couldn't help but think about my hair goals and how I could possibly be preventing myself from achieving the goals that I "think" I want.  I mean over the time that I've been blogging about hair and hair care, I have been able to completely change my hair.  I went from okay looking, but not so healthy looking hair to great looking healthy hair.  Don't get me wrong I still have problem areas I am working on, but for the most part, my hair is healthy.  The texture has completely changed and become softer and more manageable.  I've gone from getting a touch-up from every 5-6 weeks to every 10-12 weeks, sometimes even longer.  So why am I not waist length yet?  I've had minimal set-backs, that really haven't had drastic results on the length of my hair.  The answer?  I'm scissor happy.  Apart from occasionally dustings, needed trims (read: 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch snipped), and search and destory sessions, HAIRCUTS!  12/30/08 I got a Lob, then eight months later (8/20/09) I got my favorite cut of them all.  Everytime I move past APL I get my hair cut, I never noticed it before but when I look back that's the case.  Maybe it's concidence or maybe I'm subconsciously cutting because hair longer than APL is a hassle, remember this?    So my goal for 2010 is no hair cuts, only dustings and seach and destory sessions.