Buried in Cookies, Gift Wrap, Ribbon & Bows, and Other Signs of the Season



I have been missing from my blog for several days now.  I just popped out from under the gift wrap, with flour on my face, to wish you all a Merry Christmas!!!  I did manage to complete one last project before closing up my scraproom for the holidays. 


My lovely next door neighbor is creating a cookbook for her son.  She purchased a one inch ring bound notebook at a local office supply store which fits 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch paper to use as the recipe book.  This is the type of notebook she purchased.  She plans to print two recipes per page, using the landscape view, then cut the sheet in half and place in the notebook with divider tabs.  She wisely purchased a presentation style notebook with an plastic cover for sliding in a cover sheet and spine label.



This is where I came in.  My neighbor graciously allowed me to create the cover for her cookbook.  I had such fun with this.  I actually designed two covers, but went with a more traditional look, which my neighbor loved!  The file required only two cartridges, A Child's Year and Winter Woodlands.  I will add the cut file to the downloadable cut files on the left side of the blog, just in case anyone else is interested.  Though I will say that this is a very basic cut file. The cut file title is Mom's Recipes for Chris.


Once again, I wish each of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!