Newport Beach, Christmas, Peanuts, Dana, etc.

Today's photo shows Newport Beach City Hall in Dec. 1950. Currently, a new City Hall is being planned for a site near the Central Library.
.
With all the local historical societies, museums, etc in O.C., it's now officially beyond me to keep track of all their holiday events. I'll still post news of Christmas events that comes my way, but please also check the links in the right-hand column of this blog for your local organizations. Also, you might want to check the calendar on Yahoo's O.C. History Group. .
.
Meanwhile, here are some random updates,...
.
Craig Lockwood of Laguna Beach recently completed a book about early Laguna lifeguard and surfer George "Peanuts" Larson.
.
John Felder recently posted about William Henry Dana on his "Laguna Beach History" blog.
.
Patrick Jenkins has posted some great Lion Country Safari photos on his always enjoyable "Stuff From The Park" blog. He's also posted some old Knott's Berry Farm paper Ghost Town models that I will try printing out and assembling myself at some point. (I'll post a photo of the results when I get that far.)
.
I was going to mention something when our Orange County History photo pool on Flickr reached 150 members. Well, we sailed right past that mark this week and now have 158. As of this writing, 2344 photos have been posted there. Thanks for all the great photography!