Gypsy Spot Weekly Challenge - A Christmas Card


This weeks challenge at the Gypsy Spot is to use the Gypsy to make a Christmas Card.  While I was enjoying the tag shapes on Winter Woodlands I went ahead and designed a second card with this shape as a base.  I added scalloped eyelit edges on the card to dress it up a bit. 


The card was constructed of Core'dination cardstock.  I am really enjoying the Core'dination line.  I purchased a variety of colors and finish treatments from Custom Crops as they have a huge selection (and a sale thru this Wednesday night).  The base card was cut in White-washed white cardstock.  The base tag was cut in red Core'dination cardstock and the top layer tag was cut in peach White-washed Core'dination.  If you look closely you can see where I sanded the edges to allow more of the "core" color to peek through.


The flowers and words feature multi-layered cuts, each featuring a light green base cut.  The words are topped in the same red Core'dination cardstock and the flowers feature a white layer then repeats of the red and peach colors.  The flower centers were made using German ground glass (also available at Custom Crops).


I finished my card off with a ribbon and bow, but I am not sure what is going on with the color of the ribbon... It is an irredescent light green ribbon with streaks of pink and gold... but it photographed yellow!  Seriously, I have no idea why that happened.


Just like the Bitten by the Bug blog, the Gypsy Spot will also be taking a two week vacation.  Fear not, both sites will return the first week of January!